The Legnano firm began as Vittorio Rossi in Legnano Italy in 1902 and began producing bikes in 1908 whilst run by Emilio Bozzi.
The turning point comes in 1922, when Bozzi offers a lifetime contract to a young house painter, Alfredo Binda, and changes the company's trademark to Legnano, a single name . It began Legnano’s golden years: the Legnano team won 6 world titles (Binda alone wins 3 of them), 8 Giro d'Italias, and dozens of other competitions.
Binda is Legnano's most valuable asset until the arrival in the team of Gino Bartali in 1936 (Giro winner 1936 and 1937) and Fausto Coppi in 1939 (Giro winner 1940).
After the war Coppi joins Bianchi but Bartali goes back to Legnano (winning 1946 Giro and 1948 Tour de France) Their top of the line race bike was the 'Roma', later renamed the 'Roma Olimpiade' following Baldini's Gold Medal at the 1956 Melbourne Olympics.
In early 1980s the company was bought by Bianchi
For more information on Legnano bicycles visit https://condorino.com/