Reparto Corsa Pista

1952

The actual bike brought over and ridden by Fausto Coppi at Herne Hill Stadium, London on Sunday 14th September 1958, his first competitive appearance in the UK.


Equipped as it was on that day with steel Magistroni cranks, TA adapter and Criterium chainring, FB large flange quick release hubs laced with Fiamme Brevetto Longhi sprint rims, Ambrosio Champion bars and stem, ’58 Campagnolo strada pedals, Brooks B17 Champion Narrow saddle.


This is a remarkable piece of cycling history and one of only 17 Pista frames built by Bianchi’s Reparto Corse (Racing Department) for the Campionissimo during their hugely successful 13 year association. It is also one of only a handful of frames built for Coppi by Master Builder Luigi Valsassina before he left Bianchi to oversee Cinelli’s frame manufacturing business.

Click to enlarge images