Meridian Cycles were established in 1954 in Greenwich by entrepreneur Pete Benedict where they sold lightweight frames and Continental components.
By August 1958 they were advertising bespoke frames made under their own name that were built by Bill Philbrook and had Italian styling. They featured his own Grandini drop-outs, a seat lug with an Allen Key seat binder bolt and a Cinelli like internally reinforced, fully flush flat top fork crown. It was South London‘s answer to the Cinelli Super Corsa but very few were actually made.
The Meridian name along with Grandini and Metro marques were eventually sold to Youngs Cycles and relaunched at the 1967 Lightweight Show in London.