The Excel Cycle Co Ltd was established in 1910, by the parents of Genner brothers, Fred and Dan.
Just after WW1, the brothers separated. Fred to Woolwich and Dan to Colliers Wood. Both were noted for producing fine, bespoke lightweight racing frames with “skinny” stays
The Woolwich shop was taken over by their in-house frame builder Harry Perry in 1955 after Fred Genner had passed away. Harry run the shop until his death in 1973 when present owner Paul Mepham (an employee since 1964) became the new owner. Paul still owns the shop, now known as Harry Perry Cycles.
The Colliers Wood shop was run by Dan Genner up until his death in 1980s