Founded in 1933 by W.F. "Sandy" Holdsworth in Kent, England, it rapidly expanded into a multi-shop enterprise.
By mid 1960s the main stores and factory were in London. In the 1970s The British Pro team, co-sponsored by Campagnolo & Holdsworth, was dominant on the domestic front and participated in many Continental tours.
Holdsworth built a large variety of frames and in 1960s adopted the ‘Italian’ style of clean lines and simple lugs for their ‘Italia’ and ‘Professional’ models.
The Holdsworth empire was bought up in the 1980s by the Townsend group that owned Falcon.
Copyright Luca Poretti - http://vintagespeedbicycles.tumblr.com