Arthur Gillot set up an ironmongers and bicycle shop in London in 1921. He didn’t branch out into frame building until 1945.
They specialised in high quality lightweight road race bikes and when Arthur died in 1955 his manager Harry Carrington continued to oversee production until he sold the business to Edwardes of Camberwell in 1963.
Master builder Ron Cooper continued to build Gillott branded frames until 1970 when set up his own marque.
Click image to view details